Wednesday, March 7, 2007

So smooth . . .

When I am too lazy to plug in my ipod in my car for my less than ten minute commute, my radio dial is usually tuned to one of two stations: the Drive 97.1 or Love FM 100.3. These two stations are also on my radio in the bathroom and help me to get in the mood to a)help poor people or b)forget about helping poor people.

I reserve this blog for all the wonderfulness of the Drive. First of all, they have barely any commercials in the morning, it's all tunes. When it isn't tunes, there's a really relaxing DJs voice, usually Bob Stroud, who has some wonderful feature segments, like the "Ten at Ten" where he highlights ten songs from a year. One of my personal favs? 1975. This Ten featured not only Fleetwood Mac, but BTO, Bad Company, the Eagles, Crosby & Nash, and Steely Dan.

Another feature is One 45 at 1:45. Now, you might be asking yourself, umm, does this girl work if she can hear the Ten at Ten and the One 45 at 1:45? Well, that's none of your business. I'm a slave to the tunes. Every once in awhile the Drive will also feature full sides of vinyl. If you don't think that listening to a whole side of Boston's self-titled debut is worth your time, well then there is something wired incorrectly in your brain.

So, tomorrow another feature is in full effect on the Drive. The Thursday Artist Portrait, and oh yes, it's a doozy. It features two that were well immersed in the fantastic genre of Blue Eyed Soul, Joe Cocker and Rod Stewart. I will be busy working, but you know I'm going to catch at least five songs by each of these gentleman over some part of the day.

I will also leave you with the awesomeness of Yacht Rock, which highlights the struggles of those involved in the Blue Eyed Soul Movement of the 70s & 80s.

3 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Sweet post. When it comes to Chicago radio, I am a big fan of Delila, weeknights on "The Lite."

5 of 9er said...

e both write about radio... almost on the same day. Crazy. You embace the crap radio... and I run. :)

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I need that This is It song. So wonderfully bad . . . It soothes the soul . . .