Thursday, March 1, 2007

The God Awfuls

That title is what my dad called the Chicago Cubs when I was growing up. He'd come home from work and say, "What did The God Awfuls do today?" He also called the New York Mets the "Eviiiile Mets," which would more than likely have that exact spelling.

This weekend, I'm going to a Cubs spring training game and bachelor party in sunny Arizona. There will be lots of baseball, beer, and God willing, a donkey sniffing cocaine.

Let me ask you this? How tacky would it be to go to this bachelor party in Arizona, and then blow off the wedding in North Carolina? To be honest, I can barely afford to go to both, and I'm not allowed to bring a date to the wedding. Readers, your thoughts?

6 comments:

K.I.D. said...

What's the big deal with bringing a date to the wedding? That just means you'll have to worry about entertaining a girl who knows absolutely NO ONE there.

That being said, skip it. The wedding is about the bride and groom. If you can't go, they won't be devastated.

Kritkrat said...

God, weddings suck. Skip it! Plus, k.i.d. is right - the bride and groom aren't even going to notice if you aren't there - unless you are supposed to be the best man...

The [Cherry] Ride said...

My first thought was: tacky to go to the bachelor party but not the wedding. But what do I know?

RevRee said...

Hey, one of my best friends is going to a bachelor party in sunny Arizona this weekend!

Get him a lap dance for on me!

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

I think weddings/bachelor/ette parties/showers etc. have gotten OUT OF CONTROL so I say do all us singletons a favor and skip the wedding! I won't judge you!

ReckenRoll said...

Last summer one of my closest friends got married in Washington and even though I wanted to go to both, there was no way I could afford two tickets...so I told her to pick. I could go for the girlie bachelorette weekend or the wedding but not both. She chose the weekend.

Does that help?